WHEN we collect your personal data:
- When you sign up for a Customer or Trade account on this website
- When you enter a competition/promotion run by us on this website
- When you place an order for goods/services with us on this website
WHAT personal information we do/don't collect:
- Your name, address, and contact details if creating an account or placing an order
- Details of your order, such as correspondence between both parties
- Your chosen password if creating a Trade or Customer account
- Your first name, last name and email address if entering a competition
- We DO NOT store your credit card details at any time
- We DO NOT share or sell your information to third parties except those required to fulfil your order
WHY we collect this personal information:
- We require your name, address and contact information to process your order
- Similarly, when you create an account with us, we use this information to process future orders
- For ongoing or future dealings with you - for example, to arrange spare parts to be sent or items to be collected
- For our own accounting and order management processes
- For statistical and analytical use - with the aim of improving our service
- To improve your experience when using our website (see below for information on cookies)
- To provide you with special offers and promotions via email (if that option has been chosen)
WHY we store this information:
- To aid and personalise your shopping experience (eg. Recently Viewed Products)
- To allow certain aspects of our website to function (eg. Shopping Cart)
- To remember choices/selections you have made (eg. your Username if you created an account)
- To ANONYMOUSLY track user behaviour (eg. to improve the services we offer)
- To provide you with targeted ads based on your viewing/purchase history
- We DO NOT store personal information in cookies
Whilst you are able to refuse some or all cookies from us, the website would be unable to properly function, and we do not recommend taking this course of action. By continuing to use our website, we assume that you consent to the cookies being stored on your device. You can find out more information on cookies by visiting https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ and http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Q: Can I see what personal information you hold?
You have the right to see personal data (as defined under the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee of £10. To initiate this request, please write to our registered address.
Q: Are cookies safe?
Yes. Cookies help us personalise your shopping experience, allow our website to function, and allow us to anonymously collect data on user behaviour to improve our services. Cookies cannot and do not contain any viruses or malicious code that can alter your computer in any way. Your web browser will usually have appropriate tools that allow you to see more information on cookies and their contents.
Q: Can I opt-out of specific cookies?
It is possible to prevent certain types of cookie from being stored on your computer from us. However, users without sufficient technical knowledge may adversely affect the performance of the website, in some cases leaving the website in an unusable state. We believe that users have the best experience when all cookies are allowed.