Infrared operated taps offer a new and contemporary way to control the flow of water in any commercial or residential bathroom setting. We're all familiar with the way these taps work; a sensor mounted inside the tap detects the movement of a hand in front of the tap and turns the water on for a set period of time. The standard time for the water to flow is 8 seconds, but this can be adjusted to up to a minute. The main benefits of a sensor tap are twofold: firstly using a sensor is more hygienic in situations where food is being prepared, or just when you have lots of people using the same sink as people are not handling the tap to switch it on and off. Secondly, if you are billed for water according to usage, having an automatic cut-off will save you money on your bills too.
This type of tap may have an unconventional way of working but is no more difficult to install than any other type of tap. The battery which operates the sensor has an average lifespan of 4 years in a busy commercial setting, and much longer at home. As well as ease of operation and installation this tap looks great too, with modern styling and also offers great value for money. Whether you're shopping for your own home or for your commercial organisation, this type of tap is hard to beat.
Blending Valve required and sold separately (See the You May Need)
- Infra Red Contactless operation
- Copper Inlet Connection
- Pre-set sensor range
- 24 hour auto hygiene flush when not used
- Stylish and contemporary
- 9V lithium battery with IP65 protection according to European standard EN 60529 (dependent on model)
- Battery life approximately 4 years with 150 operations per day (dependent on model)
- Intended for use with Intamix TMV
- WRAS approved product
- Auto self closing tap, preventing water wastage
- Comes with an extensive 1 year of guarantee from manufacturer